Skip to main content

New Journey, New Life.

Whew! It's been a whirl-wind these last few days! Where to start?

So my flight to England had me up bright and early at 4:45 a.m. Saturday morning. I went to the airport with my parents, drank coffee and said my goodbyes and made it through the gate a little early because be had noticed that my flight was showing a delay. I get to the gate and talked with the desk attendant and she assures me that the flight will only be 7 minutes late and EVERYONE will make their connections! So what ends up happening? The plane ends up being 40 minutes late, my connecting flight is clear on the OTHER side of the airport and I miss my flight after running from one end to the other!

From that point, I ended up playing the run-around game back and forth between terminal 1 and 3 (in San Francisco by the way!). The lady with my flight wanted to book me on a flight that would go out the next day which meant I would have to cover my own hotel and get meal vouchers from them. I said no and her informed me my only other option was to run to their sister company and see if they would help out. A total of 5 laps around the airport and trying to get booked to a different flight, then trying to get my luggage, etc. and after going through security four times, I manage to get, run, and make it to my re-booked flight with a mere 4 minutes to spare! Phew! I felt awful for the two guys sitting next to me because at this point I am completely hot and sweaty from running around with my two heavy carry-on bags, but we made it through okay!

The flight I was booked on was a 10 hour flight to Frankfurt Germany (which goes past England), then I had to jump a 2nd flight back to Manchester England. So, after a long 24 hours of traveling, I was tire, sore, stinky and about in tears when I saw my man!

He stood there at the gate, smiling at me humorously watching me try to maneuver my bags awkwardly until I reached a point where he was able to help. It was SOOOO wonderful to see him! He had this adorable grin on his face, gave me a huge hug and kiss and walked with me out of the airport eagerly wanting to hear what happened with my travels. He took me home where we ran a quick errand then got Chinese take-out. I completely crash and sleep for 13 hours and then the next day he showed me around town, we went grocery shopping and got a few things for the apartment!

Today (Tuesday) I'm tired but have so much to do! My 2nd night of sleep wasn't as good as my first (maybe about 5 hours broken up from 9a.m.-4:00a.m. then I gave up and got up at 4 a.m. and having been just hanging around ever since!) I need to do some cleaning and some re-organizing and it's just me here as my hunny has to work so I'm home alone in the house till Saturday afternoon! So, I think most of today will be spent doing that. Tonight I think I will go back to the sleeping pills for maybe a few nights just to help me get back on schedule. I've debated the idea of taking a nap, but I don't know...We will see! :)

I can tell you for sure I am so glad to be here! One look at my Brit and I was just so excited and had that feeling of just pure bliss! I can't wait to take pictures and post them for you all to see!! Hopefully I will make friends pretty quick too! Stay tuned! I promise I will try to get something up for you soon!

Live, Laugh, Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little "mini-ventures" to make time pass!

So, I haven't had anything going on which has been the reason for no new updating posts, but I have been contemplating things that I want to do before I leave the states and start my new adventure! (Plus, I want something to talk about!!) So one mini-venture I thought I would get started is maybe (and I KNOW this is cliche'!): Losing a few pounds! (I just heard a million sighs and groans! LOL!) I have gained a little in the last couple months because of my food intake and well, I NEED to fit into that wedding dress! So, I'm praying to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 2 months (if not quicker!) and 10-15 by the time we do our honeymoon! SO, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on the progress! (This officially starts tomorrow by the way!) The 2nd idea I had was to start some sort of video blog to post to this as well just for fun or to show surroundings, etc! I was working on the idea tonight, but couldn't figure out how to work my hp mediasmart programs! LOL!

STILL Waiting!!!

UGHHH!!!! This is torture!! How long must I endure the painful wait?? (Please no comments of it "building character"....I DON'T CARE!!) I'm just very anxious! I thought I would be there by now and I'm finding myself stuck in the land of "what if?"...By this I mean questions that cause me to worry like "What if it got lost in the mail??", "What if they are taking so long because they are going to say no??", "What if it takes many months more to get my approval??"...etc! It's all stressful! I only have so much money to stretch out to a certain point! So, my fear is that I will run out of funding and need to get a temp job to make ends meet and Dave will have to pick up my slack more...*pout!* I don't know if my paperwork is coming via normal snail mail or certified mail, UPS, etc. and my biggest worry is that it gets lost! I have tried to remind myself that I DID receive the letter stating that it would take them 5-1

I'm Officially Married!!

Phew! What a wonderful past week! My heart is glowing and there's a permanent grin on my face today! I can't remember what I've posted in the past (I didn't look) so I will start with last Friday! Logically, I've been itching to make some friends and Friday night the one girl friend that I have right now invited me to go out with her and two others for a night in the town! Though they said it wasn't the best of all nights out there, I had a great time! One, because I was out with people and not alone! Two, because it was interesting to view the people and get a sense of things and so forth. It was just refreshing to get out and feel a part of something! Our wedding ceremony went great! Before the ceremony, we invited everyone over to the apartment for mimosa's (I didn't have any, I was too busy running around trying to get ready!) then we went off the the registrar office to have the ceremony, which I thought for a small short ceremony that it went