Skip to main content

Got my Marriage Visa AND Job Interview!

Boy has this week been a fantastic week! Let's start with the visa process!

So, because I'm completely anal retentive with being over prepared when it comes to what I consider important things, I had put together this pristine package of paperwork covering the span of anything they could be asking for from tax forms, to random letters showing my name on it, to pictures and proof of our relationship since November 2009 and of course the application they require as well as passports, birth certificates, bank statements and pay slips, etc. But to show just how anally organized I am I made a COVER PAGE that listed out the paperwork in the order it was stacked in! LOL! What was funny about it is that she didn't even look at 75% of what I packed! So here is how our day went:
We got up at 6:30 a.m. to get make coffee, get ready etc. so that we could be out the door by 8:30 am (our appointment was scheduled for 11:00 with a request that we be there by 10:30) we head on our way to Liverpool which is typically with good traffic around 40 minutes away, but we were worried about traffic so we wanted to give our self extra time to get there so we left and ended up getting there about 10 minutes before 10am. We went ahead and went in and explained why we were early which didn't seem to bother them at all! They let us through security and we made our way to the first office to check in.

After checking in, they send us up to the second floor where we pay for our in-office visit (which cost a FORTUNE by the way!) then after paying we sat and waited while they assigned us a social worker! After about 5 minutes as really nice lady calls us over to her booth and requests our application, bank statements, pay slips, and passports. Asks us a few minor questions (i.e. confirming address of residence, etc.) I felt so bad! I was soo nervous and she was sitting behind glass that I was practically shouting at her! I started giggling and they both looked at me puzzled and I told them "I'm sorry for shouting! I don't even know why I'm doing it! Your not def!" Both the social worker and Dave have a good laugh at that then after a few minutes of silence and her typing she sent us back into the waiting area to get my biometrics done (this is where they finger print you and take your picture for your foreign identity visa card).

We get called in to for the biometrics after about 3 minutes of waiting and the guy taking my prints was just as friendly and joking with us. We thought Dave would have his biometrics done but they said no which I jokingly said "REALLY!?!? I mean look at him in his blue sweater...he just LOOKS like major trouble!" the guy laughed and made a joke back that I couldn't quite get..So I won't be able to repeat! We sat down for a few more minutes then got called back by the social worker who just told us that everything looked great and I was approved and would get my visa card in the mail within 7-10 business days...Which actually came in 2 days!! That's it! The whole thing took maybe 40 minutes then we headed back home!

From there we had to go apply for a National Insurance number (or NI number) so that I can work! (It acts as like a personalized tax id for businesses! It's how they do taxes here so you don't have to do it yourself every year!! No April 15th for me anymore! :D ) So, now I'm just waiting to get that card back and I will be all set to start work...Which brings me to the next topic!!

WORK!!! I FINALLY heard back from the company I'm applying with and they want to interview me this Friday!!(Whoot whoot!!) So I need to drive to Birmingham (which is 40 miles away!) to have my interview! (But I will be working in my area and from home mostly when of if I get hired with them! Yay!!). Pay is fantastic, benefits are fantastic and I think the job will be pretty easy! (I hope!) I'm just looking forward to having something to do with myself during the week! I can't wait! So fingers crossed and many prayers that I get this marketing job please!! :)I'm nervous about the drive, but I think it's good that I start getting used to driving out of my area and getting comfortable with trying to find my way around!

I'm looking forward to good things that are to come and am excited to be moving forward with life! I feel that we are working towards something of a new "normal" routine...Whatever "normal" means! HA!

Live, Laugh, Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little "mini-ventures" to make time pass!

So, I haven't had anything going on which has been the reason for no new updating posts, but I have been contemplating things that I want to do before I leave the states and start my new adventure! (Plus, I want something to talk about!!) So one mini-venture I thought I would get started is maybe (and I KNOW this is cliche'!): Losing a few pounds! (I just heard a million sighs and groans! LOL!) I have gained a little in the last couple months because of my food intake and well, I NEED to fit into that wedding dress! So, I'm praying to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 2 months (if not quicker!) and 10-15 by the time we do our honeymoon! SO, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on the progress! (This officially starts tomorrow by the way!) The 2nd idea I had was to start some sort of video blog to post to this as well just for fun or to show surroundings, etc! I was working on the idea tonight, but couldn't figure out how to work my hp mediasmart programs! LOL!

STILL Waiting!!!

UGHHH!!!! This is torture!! How long must I endure the painful wait?? (Please no comments of it "building character"....I DON'T CARE!!) I'm just very anxious! I thought I would be there by now and I'm finding myself stuck in the land of "what if?"...By this I mean questions that cause me to worry like "What if it got lost in the mail??", "What if they are taking so long because they are going to say no??", "What if it takes many months more to get my approval??"...etc! It's all stressful! I only have so much money to stretch out to a certain point! So, my fear is that I will run out of funding and need to get a temp job to make ends meet and Dave will have to pick up my slack more...*pout!* I don't know if my paperwork is coming via normal snail mail or certified mail, UPS, etc. and my biggest worry is that it gets lost! I have tried to remind myself that I DID receive the letter stating that it would take them 5-1

I'm Officially Married!!

Phew! What a wonderful past week! My heart is glowing and there's a permanent grin on my face today! I can't remember what I've posted in the past (I didn't look) so I will start with last Friday! Logically, I've been itching to make some friends and Friday night the one girl friend that I have right now invited me to go out with her and two others for a night in the town! Though they said it wasn't the best of all nights out there, I had a great time! One, because I was out with people and not alone! Two, because it was interesting to view the people and get a sense of things and so forth. It was just refreshing to get out and feel a part of something! Our wedding ceremony went great! Before the ceremony, we invited everyone over to the apartment for mimosa's (I didn't have any, I was too busy running around trying to get ready!) then we went off the the registrar office to have the ceremony, which I thought for a small short ceremony that it went