Skip to main content

More Changes...Does it ever end?!?

I read a quote today that did make me smile a little. It said "Just when you think you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends"...LOL! How appropriate is this in my life!? EVERY TIME I get life, finances, job, etc. just something on a good successful route, life comes at me with full force blowing wind to push me back to square 1! Eventually I think I will just learn to stop fighting the force and go with the flow, but somewhere, somehow, stubborness hangs on by a tiny thread! I can't complain about everything in my life, there are many positives to be noted! One positive includes moving into a beautiful new home! (To be entirely too honest, it's much to big for us, and it's going to be expensive, but because of not being able to get the other homes we applied for, this was the only other choice that wouldn't land us into gang or drug/alcoholic living territory or a home that looked like it could have been a meth lab!! We have 6 months to decided whether or not we want to long term stay...We'll see!) It's a big 5 bedroom home and will give me plenty of opportunity to hold family functions and get togethers with friends. So for that, I am extremely grateful! ALSO, who WOULD'NT love a sauna underneath their stairs?!?! (oddly enough, you open the door under the stairs and expect to see Harry Potters little bedroom and instead are met by a toilet and sink followed by a 2nd door with a sauna behind it! LOL! Pictures/walk through video will be taken!) Anyways, even for just 6 months, this house will rock! Not so positive changes include more car issues (which means more money being spent on something I would prefer to put to something else!), job uncertainties (BAD timing with being locked into this new home! Though nothing certain just yet, there's just some things going on and I'm not sure how it will pan out!). I wasn't going to mention another situation that has come up, but I think I just need somewhere to vent! My mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer as well. She's been have problems with her uterus and such anyways, but then they added the diagnosis od cancer on it to boot. They want to have surgery to completely remove her uterus and think that will get rid of all the cancer, but now they are having problems being able to medically clear her for surgery due to other related issues. She was diagnosed back in the beginning of June and aren't looking at clearing her for surgery till the end of July/August time...It's scary to me that they can wait that long! I think what feels even worse though is not being able to be there for her! I mean like mentally and emotionally. I know she has moer physical help than any one person could ask for, but how about mentally and emotionally? My mom is my best friend and it's just hard not to be there for her in the event she just needs to cry on a shoulder you know? I keep in touch by skype, but it's not the same as being able to give her a hug. I will keep updating as I hear. I'm confident everything is fine, but there's always that fear, you know? Anyways, to end on a positive note, I'm going to spend some quality time with my amazing husband and perhaps a glass (or 2 of wine!) :) Love you all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little "mini-ventures" to make time pass!

So, I haven't had anything going on which has been the reason for no new updating posts, but I have been contemplating things that I want to do before I leave the states and start my new adventure! (Plus, I want something to talk about!!) So one mini-venture I thought I would get started is maybe (and I KNOW this is cliche'!): Losing a few pounds! (I just heard a million sighs and groans! LOL!) I have gained a little in the last couple months because of my food intake and well, I NEED to fit into that wedding dress! So, I'm praying to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 2 months (if not quicker!) and 10-15 by the time we do our honeymoon! SO, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on the progress! (This officially starts tomorrow by the way!) The 2nd idea I had was to start some sort of video blog to post to this as well just for fun or to show surroundings, etc! I was working on the idea tonight, but couldn't figure out how to work my hp mediasmart programs! LOL!

STILL Waiting!!!

UGHHH!!!! This is torture!! How long must I endure the painful wait?? (Please no comments of it "building character"....I DON'T CARE!!) I'm just very anxious! I thought I would be there by now and I'm finding myself stuck in the land of "what if?"...By this I mean questions that cause me to worry like "What if it got lost in the mail??", "What if they are taking so long because they are going to say no??", "What if it takes many months more to get my approval??"...etc! It's all stressful! I only have so much money to stretch out to a certain point! So, my fear is that I will run out of funding and need to get a temp job to make ends meet and Dave will have to pick up my slack more...*pout!* I don't know if my paperwork is coming via normal snail mail or certified mail, UPS, etc. and my biggest worry is that it gets lost! I have tried to remind myself that I DID receive the letter stating that it would take them 5-1

I'm Officially Married!!

Phew! What a wonderful past week! My heart is glowing and there's a permanent grin on my face today! I can't remember what I've posted in the past (I didn't look) so I will start with last Friday! Logically, I've been itching to make some friends and Friday night the one girl friend that I have right now invited me to go out with her and two others for a night in the town! Though they said it wasn't the best of all nights out there, I had a great time! One, because I was out with people and not alone! Two, because it was interesting to view the people and get a sense of things and so forth. It was just refreshing to get out and feel a part of something! Our wedding ceremony went great! Before the ceremony, we invited everyone over to the apartment for mimosa's (I didn't have any, I was too busy running around trying to get ready!) then we went off the the registrar office to have the ceremony, which I thought for a small short ceremony that it went