Skip to main content

Lonely House

I'm sitting here alone in this shell of an apartment that I have called "home" since the start of my England journey. It didn't hit me until tonight that I am going to be a little bit sad to leave! I loved my comfy leather chair and ottoman by the window where I could read, take naps, day dream and watch the world move at a recreational park space with laughing children, occasional barking dogs...Always laughter, which is something that is so up lifting to hear! It's small and cozy in here and in some ways, very secure. Not to mention how quick and easy it is to clean! I LOVE the new house though! I'm excited to have SPACE! I love the fact that I will be able to use my surround sound system! I can play Dance games on my Wii without worrying if the dancing is to loud for the neighbors below! I'm sure I will fall in love with a new place to read, a back yard, new scenery, etc. (So excited about the conservatory!! I think that will be my new favorite place!) More than anything though, I hope the neighbors will be friendly and we will have the opportunity to make friends. I'm a little worried seeing that this neighborhood is filled with older couples with children...I hope they can make room for the little American girl with high spirits and big personality! I waved and said hello this morning to the neighbor across the stree and she said hi back...Soooo progress? :) As of today, I've managed to clear the guest bedroom completely out (except the bed frame and dresser as they are too big for the car!), the bathroom, some of the living room and kitchen. I think Dave will be pleased about the progress when he sees it! Overall, I'm excited and see this as a new step in life and like any other change, embrace the idea of change and possibilites that go with it! I'll always remember my first "home away from home", but I think this new home will offer more opportunities in bringing the family closer together (my husband and his daughters plus more opportunities to do things with the extended family!), it allowes room for growth if we ever decide to have a child of our own (my fault really, can't seem to make up my mind on that one!)....Not to mention it has it's very own sauna! LOL! Will let you know how things pan out! Maybe even add a pic or two! Live, Laugh, Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little "mini-ventures" to make time pass!

So, I haven't had anything going on which has been the reason for no new updating posts, but I have been contemplating things that I want to do before I leave the states and start my new adventure! (Plus, I want something to talk about!!) So one mini-venture I thought I would get started is maybe (and I KNOW this is cliche'!): Losing a few pounds! (I just heard a million sighs and groans! LOL!) I have gained a little in the last couple months because of my food intake and well, I NEED to fit into that wedding dress! So, I'm praying to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 2 months (if not quicker!) and 10-15 by the time we do our honeymoon! SO, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on the progress! (This officially starts tomorrow by the way!) The 2nd idea I had was to start some sort of video blog to post to this as well just for fun or to show surroundings, etc! I was working on the idea tonight, but couldn't figure out how to work my hp mediasmart programs! LOL!

STILL Waiting!!!

UGHHH!!!! This is torture!! How long must I endure the painful wait?? (Please no comments of it "building character"....I DON'T CARE!!) I'm just very anxious! I thought I would be there by now and I'm finding myself stuck in the land of "what if?"...By this I mean questions that cause me to worry like "What if it got lost in the mail??", "What if they are taking so long because they are going to say no??", "What if it takes many months more to get my approval??"...etc! It's all stressful! I only have so much money to stretch out to a certain point! So, my fear is that I will run out of funding and need to get a temp job to make ends meet and Dave will have to pick up my slack more...*pout!* I don't know if my paperwork is coming via normal snail mail or certified mail, UPS, etc. and my biggest worry is that it gets lost! I have tried to remind myself that I DID receive the letter stating that it would take them 5-1

I'm Officially Married!!

Phew! What a wonderful past week! My heart is glowing and there's a permanent grin on my face today! I can't remember what I've posted in the past (I didn't look) so I will start with last Friday! Logically, I've been itching to make some friends and Friday night the one girl friend that I have right now invited me to go out with her and two others for a night in the town! Though they said it wasn't the best of all nights out there, I had a great time! One, because I was out with people and not alone! Two, because it was interesting to view the people and get a sense of things and so forth. It was just refreshing to get out and feel a part of something! Our wedding ceremony went great! Before the ceremony, we invited everyone over to the apartment for mimosa's (I didn't have any, I was too busy running around trying to get ready!) then we went off the the registrar office to have the ceremony, which I thought for a small short ceremony that it went