Skip to main content

These Small Hours...

"Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders,these twists & turns of fate. Time falls away, but these small hours,These small hours still remain..."

I love this song from Rob Thomas, I think it fully embraces one of my favorite things in life: know knowing and appreciating the little things in life. I really feel that a lot of times, it's the small things that can make the biggest impact in one's life, and sadly enough, it's often the things we take for granted the most. When I was in Boise and things felt rough or those "twists and turns of fate" would throw blows at me, I used to drive up to table rock (or area's by that also over-looked the city) when the sun was setting and stars were coming out to think and put things back into perspective. I remember being just in awe of the sight as the sun slowly dipped into the earth and the night city would come alive with the stars making their twinkly appearance above. As I sat there, it always made me realize how big the world is and in the grand scheme of things, how small my problems could be and it just brought a real calming peace to my heart. For that simple short time the world was simply beautiful and I felt like I was in my own little version of nirvana.

Those simple little moments are so easy to take for granted and I promised myself a long time ago to look and appreciate those little things in life. With all the negativity and down-bringing in the world that we need those times to help us refocus and bring that calm and peace. Sometimes I get it and other I take it for granted, but I love the reminders to appreciate and embrace them.

This comes about as I'm thinking of a few special people and the events in their lives. These people are very special to me and I hope that in their time of hardship, they can find their small hours of wonder and for that moment, they feel love, passion and life in a more beautiful way and it will be encouraging to them and help them move forward.

I love you all and I wanted you to know that I do think of those small hours and simply beautiful times with you! Please stay the beautiful, wonderful people you are!

Live, Laugh, Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little "mini-ventures" to make time pass!

So, I haven't had anything going on which has been the reason for no new updating posts, but I have been contemplating things that I want to do before I leave the states and start my new adventure! (Plus, I want something to talk about!!) So one mini-venture I thought I would get started is maybe (and I KNOW this is cliche'!): Losing a few pounds! (I just heard a million sighs and groans! LOL!) I have gained a little in the last couple months because of my food intake and well, I NEED to fit into that wedding dress! So, I'm praying to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 2 months (if not quicker!) and 10-15 by the time we do our honeymoon! SO, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on the progress! (This officially starts tomorrow by the way!) The 2nd idea I had was to start some sort of video blog to post to this as well just for fun or to show surroundings, etc! I was working on the idea tonight, but couldn't figure out how to work my hp mediasmart programs! LOL!

STILL Waiting!!!

UGHHH!!!! This is torture!! How long must I endure the painful wait?? (Please no comments of it "building character"....I DON'T CARE!!) I'm just very anxious! I thought I would be there by now and I'm finding myself stuck in the land of "what if?"...By this I mean questions that cause me to worry like "What if it got lost in the mail??", "What if they are taking so long because they are going to say no??", "What if it takes many months more to get my approval??"...etc! It's all stressful! I only have so much money to stretch out to a certain point! So, my fear is that I will run out of funding and need to get a temp job to make ends meet and Dave will have to pick up my slack more...*pout!* I don't know if my paperwork is coming via normal snail mail or certified mail, UPS, etc. and my biggest worry is that it gets lost! I have tried to remind myself that I DID receive the letter stating that it would take them 5-1

I'm Officially Married!!

Phew! What a wonderful past week! My heart is glowing and there's a permanent grin on my face today! I can't remember what I've posted in the past (I didn't look) so I will start with last Friday! Logically, I've been itching to make some friends and Friday night the one girl friend that I have right now invited me to go out with her and two others for a night in the town! Though they said it wasn't the best of all nights out there, I had a great time! One, because I was out with people and not alone! Two, because it was interesting to view the people and get a sense of things and so forth. It was just refreshing to get out and feel a part of something! Our wedding ceremony went great! Before the ceremony, we invited everyone over to the apartment for mimosa's (I didn't have any, I was too busy running around trying to get ready!) then we went off the the registrar office to have the ceremony, which I thought for a small short ceremony that it went